Senior Project Manager
Join a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy that brings class-leading products to life. We’re stronger together.
Alloy Product Development is focused on the mechanical and electrical engineering development of consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment and medical devices. We’re a diverse group of 20+ tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, surfers and diaper changers who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly refine our professional skills and partner with our clients to achieve their goals.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and help us pursue our vision of “Engineering Great Experiences” for our team, our clients and the end users of our work.
As a Senior Project Manager at Alloy, you will:
- Manage multiple concurrent projects from early concept development through production ramp support
- Coordinate with internal technical managers who lead mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering execution
- Collaborate directly with clients, other consultants/disciplines, prototype shops and manufacturers
- Educate and set expectations with clients, define and manage project scope within the context of their priorities
- Establish, update and report short-term and long-term project schedules
- Help evaluate initial and ongoing project staffing needs
- Generate initial budget estimates, regularly update and report forecasts
- Coordinate and lead project management meetings
- Assist with generating project proposals
- Assist with developing and maintaining templates for schedules and PM reports
- Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced learning environment
- Mentor and coach engineers and aspiring PMs to grow their PM skills and experience
In this role, success means:
- You embody Alloy’s values of responsibility, teamwork, effectiveness, technical ability, creativity, positivity and communication
- Clients are impressed with the pace and quality of project progress
- Clients and teammates feel well informed and understand their deliverables and deadlines
- Through your ability to forecast PM issues, you can provide clients with options before the time and money is spent
- Communications with clients, manufacturers, ID firms, and coworkers are clear, concise, respectful and timely
- Your contributions further Alloy's reputation as a top-tier engineering firm
- University degree
- 5+ years managing multi-disciplinary engineering projects from concept through production ramp
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Google Apps and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira and Harvest
- Attention to detail, professional demeanor, resourcefulness, efficiency, enthusiasm and desire to learn
Bonus skills include:
- Engineering background
- Prior consulting experience
- Prior experience developing project proposals
Compensation and benefits: Competitive salary, bonus, insurance benefits, 401K and more. Alloy makes an effort to accommodate flexible work schedules whenever practical.
Alloy strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders and ethnicities to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Direct applicants only.