Senior Hardware Engineer
Join a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy that brings class-leading products to life. We’re stronger together.
Alloy Product Development is focused on the mechanical and electrical engineering development of consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment, and medical devices. We’re a diverse group of 20+ tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, surfers, and diaper changers who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly refine our professional skills, and partner with our clients to achieve their goals.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our family and help us pursue our vision of “Engineering Great Experiences” for our team, our clients and the end users of our work.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer at Alloy, you will
- Apply your engineering expertise and tenacity to drive projects from concept to production
- Face challenging engineering problems and solve them with clever, elegant and robust solutions
- Select components, design schematics, and layout PCBs and then perform bring-up and debug
- Design, assemble, and debug functional prototypes to test and demonstrate your designs
- Define test criteria and write test plans
- Collaborate with internal EE, FW and ME resources as well as top tier clients, vendors and designers
- Help define product features at concept stages
- Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced learning environment
- Document and communicate your designs to ensure accurate implementation
- Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with clients and manufacturing vendors
In this role, success means
- Clients are impressed with both the pace of your results and quality of deliverables
- Communications with clients, manufacturers, ID firms, and coworkers are clear, concise, and timely
- Embodying Alloy’s values of responsibility, teamwork, effectiveness, technical ability, creativity, positivity, and communication
- Final products further Alloy’s reputation as a top-tier engineering firm
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant work experience (or more, we're hiring multiple levels)
- Experience with sensor-based designs (accelerometer, gyroscope, electronic compass, altimeter)
- Experience with shipping multiple products from concept to manufacturing, including high volume production in Asia
- Embedded system experience integrating embedded processors, power management, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi
- Solid understanding of signal integrity, high speed design, ESD, EMI, RF
- Proficiency in bring-up, troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of interdisciplinary issues
- Ability to draft clear requirements, design and manufacturing documentation
- Hands-on skills with standard lab equipment for prototyping and repair
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus skills include
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience with Altium Designer
Compensation and benefits: Competitive salary, bonus, insurance benefits, 401(k) and more. Alloy makes an effort to accommodate flexible work schedules whenever practical.
Alloy strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders, and ethnicities to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Direct applicants only.