Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Join a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy that brings class-leading products to life. We’re stronger together.
Alloy Product Development is focused on the mechanical and electrical engineering development of consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment and medical devices. We’re a diverse group of 20+ tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, surfers and diaper changers who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly refine our professional skills and partner with our clients to achieve their goals.
We are looking for an exceptional administrative professional to join our team and help us pursue our vision of “Engineering Great Experiences” for our team, our clients and the end users of our work. As a main point of contact in a small but growing company, we will look to you to wear many hats and to take proactive ownership over a variety of projects. Guided by the Alloy Values, you will be the face of Alloy and work to ensure that we continue to maintain the most capable, efficient and happy team possible.
As the Receptionist / Administrative Assistant at Alloy, you will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for visitors including clients, vendors and candidates
- Run our front office, including shipping / receiving
- Answer our main phone line, route calls / take messages as needed
- Track resource scheduling for a busy office
- Handle all purchasing of project- and office-related supplies
- Arrange and order lunch for weekly meetings
- Stock kitchen for daily meetings, weekly happy hours and occasional open houses
- Assist with booking domestic and international travel as needed
- Manage our interview/hiring processes, from initial application to hire
- Set up and break down conference rooms for client meetings
- Run errands as requested
- Work alongside Office Manager to maintain a pleasant working environment
In this role, success means:
- You are consistent, reliable and punctual – nothing falls through the cracks
- You are adaptable, responsive and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Your competent service furthers Alloy's reputation as a top-notch firm
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Ability to work onsite in our San Francisco office
- Fluency in Google Apps and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and self-motivation with minimal direction
- Professional demeanor, uphold confidentiality in interactions with clients and vendors
- Great attention to detail and time management
- Willingness to take on special projects and tasks
Bonus skills include:
- Prior experience in a consultancy
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, insurance benefits, 401(k) and more
Alloy strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders, and ethnicities to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Direct applicants only.