Business Development Innovator
Are you a Business Development innovator in a professional services firm? Have you always wondered what it would be like to take your ideas and build a better way? Well now’s the time!
Alloy Product Development is entering an exciting period of dynamic change and growth. For over 13 years, we’ve been living our vision of “Engineering Great Experiences”, resulting in consistently high-quality engineered products and unparalleled client relationships. Now, we’re starting a new chapter in the company’s story to grow and take our work and client journey to a whole new level. Work together with our founders and leadership team to achieve this exciting future.
We’re a diverse group of 20+ tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, surfers, and diaper changers who love to make beautiful, impactful devices that work flawlessly. We take great pride in our work, our team and the great client relationships we develop.
As the Business Development Lead at Alloy, you will:
- Work with the founders and leadership team, bring fresh ideas and energy to our approach for marketing, business development and client relationships
- Be our primary interface to new clients, coordinating all communication, qualification, meetings and follow-up
- Work collaboratively with Alloy content experts, driving the creation of well-coordinated and compelling proposals
- Develop and manage our pipeline and tracking tools (CRM) detailing all potential projects, next steps and communications
- Manage updates to website, social media and newsletter content
- Research and develop new market opportunities for Alloy
- Proactively network with target companies and industry experts
What does success look like?:
- Clients and the internal team rave about your professionalism, attention to detail and “fun to work with” factor
- You’ve been instrumental in laying the foundation which will allow Alloy to grow and prosper by making major contributions to our approach to Marketing, Business Development and Client Relationships
- The processes for vetting, proposal delivery and pipeline tracking is efficient and producing high quality results
- Our metrics for conversion rate, project budget size and repeat clients has significantly improved
- You’ve helped us develop new muscles in marketing and identifying new target industries and clients
Qualifications that make you anything but “typical”:
- An undergraduate degree or work experience equivalent in design, engineering or business
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within a professional services firm
- A strong understanding of and passion for technology, design, business and marketing
- Experience working in collaborative teams and managing multiple projects is critical
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and exemplary time management and organizational skills
- Well versed in Google Tools Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Bonus skills include:
- Be a role model for developing mutually beneficial long-term client relationships
- Ability to contribute to company positioning, brand and marketing
Compensation and benefits: Competitive salary, bonus, insurance benefits, 401K and more. Alloy makes an effort to accommodate flexible work schedules whenever practical.
Alloy strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders and ethnicities to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Once it is safe to return to office settings, this position will be on-site at our San Francisco office. Direct applicants only.