Help a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy expand its services and bring class-leading products to life.
To date Alloy Product Development has been focused on delivering exceptional mechanical engineering for high-value consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment, and medical devices, from concept through production. We want to bring the same high level of service to electrical hardware and firmware engineering, allowing us to develop more tightly integrated products and meet the growing demands of our clients.
We’re a diverse group of 30 tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, dancers, diaper changers, and car nuts who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly refine our professional skills, and help our clients achieve their goals.
As a Hardware Engineer at Alloy, you will:
- Apply your engineering expertise and tenacity to drive projects from concept to production
- Face challenging engineering problems and solve them with clever, elegant and robust solutions
- Select components, design schematics, oversee layout, bring-up and debug PCBs
- Design, assemble, and debug functional prototypes to test and demonstrate your designs
- Define test criteria and write test plans
- Collaborate with internal EE, FW and ME resources as well as top tier clients, vendors and designers
- Help define product features at concept stages
- Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced learning environment
- Document and communicate your designs to ensure accurate implementation
- Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with clients and manufacturing vendors
In this role, success means:
- Clients are impressed with both the pace of your results and quality of deliverables
- Communications with clients, manufacturers, ID firms, and coworkers are clear, concise, and timely
- Final products further Alloy’s reputation as a top-tier engineering firm
Some Typical Qualifications:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant work experience including leading small teams
- Experience with sensor-based designs (accelerometer, gyroscope, electronic compass, altimeter)
- Experience with shipping multiple products from concept to manufacturing, including high volume production in Asia
- Embedded system experience integrating embedded processors, power management, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi
- Solid understanding of signal integrity, high speed design, ESD, EMI, RF
- Proficiency in bring-up, troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of interdisciplinary issues
- Ability to draft clear requirements, design and manufacturing documentation
- Hands-on skills with standard lab equipment for prototyping and repair
- Critical qualities include attention to detail, professional demeanor, creativity, efficiency, tenacity, and enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, insurance benefits, 401K, bonus, profit-sharing
At Alloy we strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders, and ethnicities to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Alloy is an equal opportunity employer. Domestic applicants only. No recruiters.