Help a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy expand its services and bring class-leading products to life.
To date Alloy Product Development has been focused on delivering exceptional mechanical engineering for high-value consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment, and medical devices, from concept through production. We want to bring the same high level of service to electrical hardware and firmware engineering, allowing us to develop more tightly integrated products and meet the growing demands of our clients.
We’re a diverse group of 30 tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, dancers, diaper changers, and car nuts who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly refine our professional skills, and help our clients achieve their goals.
As a Firmware Engineer at Alloy, you will:
o Apply your engineering expertise and tenacity to drive projects from concept to production.
o Face challenging engineering problems and solve them with clever, elegant and robust solutions.
o Design, code, and debug embedded firmware using bare-metal, RTOS, and embedded Linux solutions.
o Collaborate with internal EE and ME resources as well as top-tier clients, vendors, and designers.
o Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced learning environment.
o Document and communicate your designs to ensure accurate implementation.
o Occasionally travel domestically and overseas to work with clients and manufacturing vendors.
In this role, success means:
o Clients are impressed with both the pace of your results and quality of deliverables.
o Communications with clients, manufacturers, ID firms, and coworkers are clear, concise, and timely.
o Final products further Alloy’s reputation as a top-tier engineering firm.
Some Typical Qualifications:
– University degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
– 3+ years relevant work experience
– Demonstrable programming skills in C/C++
– Embedded system experience integrating embedded processors, power management, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi
– Experience with recent ARM microcontrollers and SoCs
– Experience developing projects on resource-constrained, embedded systems
– Experience with low level drivers including interfacing at chip level with various peripherals and devices
– Knowledge of build systems and processes
– Firmware testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
– Experience using lab equipment (i.e. logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.) to test code functionality
– Ability to draft clear requirements, design, and manufacturing documentation
– Critical qualities include attention to detail, professional demeanor, creativity, efficiency, tenacity, and enthusiasm
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation: Competitive salary, insurance benefits, 401K, bonus, profit-sharing
At Alloy we strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders, and ethnicities to apply.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Alloy is an equal opportunity employer. Domestic applicants only. No recruiters.