Lead Draftsperson & Document Manager
Join a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy and bring class-leading products to life.
Alloy Product Development is focused on the engineering development of consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment, and medical devices. We’re a diverse group of 30 tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, dancers, diaper changers, and car nuts who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly redefine our professional skills, and help our clients achieve their goals.
As a Lead Draftsperson & Document Manager at Alloy, you will:
o Create and update detailed 2D part and assembly drawings in CAD for prototypes and mass production.
o Create and update detailed BOMs and assembly instructions for prototypes and mass production.
o Drawings may range from simple CTF to fully dimensioned with GD&T tolerances and inspection notations.
o Create and manage BOMs and Arena database for 3D and 2D CAD.
o Contact vendors and work with engineers to get RoHS documentation for production release.
o Collaborate directly with Alloy team, clients, ID firms, prototype shops and manufacturers.
o Wear many hats as part of a small group, helping out with tasks outside of your expertise.
o Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced learning environment.
In this role, success means:
o Clients and colleagues are impressed with both the pace of your progress and quality of deliverables.
o You share your skills with and learn new ones from your colleagues.
o Communications with clients, manufacturers, ID firms, and coworkers are clear, concise, and timely.
o Your contributions further Alloy’s reputation as a top-tier engineering firm.
o You embody Alloy’s core values (http://alloypd.com/2017/10/alloy-values/)
Some Typical Qualifications:
– 3+ years relevant work experience creating detailed 2D drawings for production parts and assemblies
– Familiar with engineering BOM and basic database management (ideally in Arena)
– Fluency with the drawing modules in Creo
– Fluency with GD&T specifications and typical rev control standards
– Familiarity with common manufacturing materials and processes (injection molding, die-casting, sheet-metal, etc.)
– Simple 3D modeling of parts from drawings or physical samples (Creo or Solidworks)
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Attention to detail, professional demeanor, creativity, efficiency, enthusiasm, and desire to learn
Bonus skills include:
– Complex 3D CAD Modeling
– Prior consulting experience
– Familiarity with database management software such as PTC Windchill
– Hands-on experience making and assembling physical prototypes
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary, insurance benefits, 401K, bonus, profit-sharing. Alloy makes an effort to accommodate flexible work schedules whenever practical.
At Alloy we strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone has the support and equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage people of all backgrounds, physical abilities, genders, and ethnicities.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of projects to email@example.com. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Alloy is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. No recruiters.