Join a growing San Francisco engineering consultancy and bring class-leading products to life.
Alloy Product Development is focused on the mechanical engineering of consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment, and medical devices. We’re a diverse group of 20+ tinkerers, bikers, foodies, dog lovers, diaper changers, and car nuts who love to make beautiful objects that work flawlessly. We take pride in our work, strive to constantly redefine our professional skills, and help our clients achieve their goals.
As a Lead Draftsperson at Alloy, you will:
o Apply your technical documentation expertise and tenacity to help drive projects from concept to production.
o Create and update detailed 2D part and assembly drawings in CAD for prototypes and mass production.
o Create and update detailed BOMS and assembly instructions for prototypes and mass production
o Drawings may range from simple CTF to fully dimensioned with GD&T tolerances and inspection notations.
o Create 3D CAD models of parts from existing 2D drawings or physical samples.
o Collaborate directly with clients, ID firms, prototype shops and manufacturers.
o Wear many hats as part of a small group, helping out with tasks outside of your expertise.
o Grow and develop your skills in a fast-paced learning environment.
In this role, success means:
o Clients and colleagues are impressed with both the pace of your progress and quality of deliverables.
o You share your skills with and learn new ones from your colleagues.
o Communications with clients, manufacturers, ID firms, and coworkers are clear, concise, and timely.
o Your contributions further Alloy’s reputation as a top-tier engineering firm.
– 5+ years relevant work experience creating detailed 2D drawings for production parts and assemblies
– Fluency with the drawing modules in PTC Creo and/or Solidworks
– Fluency with GD&T specifications and typical rev control standards
– Familiarity with common manufacturing materials and processes (injection molding, die-casting, sheet-metal, etc.)
– Simple 3D modeling of parts from drawings or physical samples (PTC Creo or Solidworks)
– Critical qualities include attention to detail, professional demeanor, efficiency, and enthusiasm
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus skills include:
– Complex 3D CAD Modeling
– Prior consulting experience
– Familiarity with database management software such as PTC Windchill
– Hands-on experience making and assembling physical prototypes
Compensation: Competitive salary, insurance benefits, 401K, bonus, profit-sharing
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of projects (may include CAD images, drawings, photos of prototypes, and engineering analyses) to email@example.com. Alloy accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Alloy is an equal opportunity employer. Domestic applicants only. No recruiters.